GROWERS – DESIGNERS – INNOVATORS
Known as trendsetters in the industry for both growing and landscaping, we are always looking for new and better plants and creative designs.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Join our team! Now hiring inventory and receiving assistance. Duties will include helping to receive, count, price and organize new plants. Skills required: hardworking, physically fit and strong, willing to work outdoors in all weather and temperatures, must have good common sense and ability to count and move plants quickly with care and accuracy. Repetitive and labour intensive work. This assistant will work closely with inventory administrator so good communication and follow through with tasks is necessary. Early mornings and some Saturdays required. Extras duties may include watering and deliveries.
Seasonal position May-October $15/hr
Please send in resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Greenhouse Worker and Plant Designer:
Now seeking a talented plant designer and greenhouse maintenance person. Minimum of 5 years greenhouse work and design experience. Post secondary education preferred. Strong plant knowledge in annuals, perennials, succulents, terrariums and tropicals is required. Good customer service skills needed as well as the ability to work independently. Experience growing, propagating, watering, annuals, maintenance, care and sales is required for this position. Weekend work is required. FT seasonal position April- October/November. Hourly wage based on experience + commission.
Please send us your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Landscape Sales & Design
Join our team! Are you a multitalented and ambitious, creative person with a strong sales ability? Now hiring for a unique position within our growing company. Your focus will be promotion and sales working directly with our clients to help create their dream landscapes. If you have experience in landscape, design and sales we want to talk to you!
As a salesperson/designer working at Countryside you will have the rare luxury of accessing plant material direct from our growing fields. You will also have a great team of plant people and craftsmen to work with, making an easy transition from design to project completion.
Countryside Landscapes & Garden Centre is locally owned and operated out of DeWinton, Alberta, 10 minutes from South Calgary. Our Landscape Department provides Landscape Design and Construction Services to the Calgary area, and outlying communities.
What kind of person are we looking for?
An individual who:
- is energetic and sales orientated
- has a passion for the horticulture industry
- possesses a strong understanding of sales and customer service
- can work jointly and independently with diverse skill levels
- can generate a design efficiently and expediently
- maintains an upbeat, positive attitude
- has the ability to multi-task
- works effectively as part of a team
You would be a good fit if you:
- have post-secondary education in a relatable field
- have a current driver’s license and own vehicle ( we are not located near public transit)
- min 3+ years experience in the horticulture industry, design
and /or sales
- detail orientated and ambitious
- employ excellent organizational skills
- can communicate clearly and concisely with all members of the team
- present a professional appearance
- are available to work flexible hours based on time of year and work load
- computer saavy with experience in Dynascapes or similar
- are willing to work hard, get the jobs and sell our products
- looking for a long term position working year round
- possess strong contacts and networking ability
Competitive base wage + commission depending on experience.
To apply send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com