Our seasoned designers can help
Our experts have been planning shelterbelts in this area for over 20 years. Call us to schedule a tree placement consultation.
Shelterbelts make a world of difference in wind-storm prone Alberta
- Protect your home: reduce wind speed 20x the height of the shelterbelt
- Reduce home heating/cooling costs by 25%
- Create your own microclimate and provide wildlife habitat for natural pollinators
- Create privacy and reduce dust
- Increase your property value
Planning a shelterbelt should include many considerations – location, wind direction, and which trees are right for you and your specific purposes.
Shelterbelts usually contain 3-5 rows, from shrubs, to fast growing trees, to dense coniferous trees, to dense tall crowned trees that maintain foliage all year. Depending how many rows you decide to plant, you’ll want to plan your species and the spacing between them carefully.