GROWERS – DESIGNERS – INNOVATORS
Known as trendsetters in the industry for both growing and landscaping, we are always looking for new and better plants and creative designs.
WE GROW ALL OF OUR OWN TREES & PLANTS
Known for growing large, high quality plants for the home owner and industry professional, we are involved in growing, production, design and installation of our products.
At Countryside, we’re passionate about plants and how they can be used in both practical and creative ways.
We are passionate about plants, we are artists, designers, growers and craftsmen. Countryside began as a landscape design and construction company. Quality and functionality were always where we began with each new landscape, our projects quickly became known for their great design and longevity. With plant material always at the forefront of any great landscape design, we found it difficult to find large quality plants to match our design sensibility. We then began to grow plant material for specific landscape designs and projects. Because we could not find large, healthy and hardy plants, growing our own seemed like the only way possible to provide plants for our clients. This eventually evolved into tree farms, potting farms and now greenhouses. With many requests from people to buy our plants directly, we turned our Dewinton tree farm into a garden centre- now know as Countryside Garden Centre. Today we grow thousands of trees, shrubs, perennials and annuals for our landscape projects and our garden centre. Our famous spring pre-order tree and shrub program (every year Feb- April) is an excellent way for us to provide our customers with farm direct trees and shrubs for extremely low pricing. Although this program was originally geared towards acreages, we now cater to city home owners as well. We also supply many other landscape companies and other garden centres with our great quality trees and shrubs. 2016 marks the 20th year for Countryside Garden Centre. Family owned and operated, independent and local, we are blessed with great staff and amazing customers. We hope that our love of plants and outdoor design will inspire everyone to make their outdoor living the best it can be.
We have won many awards including top landscape in Canada. Our projects have been featured in magazines including Best Home, Western Living, House & Home.
We are members of:
Landscape Alberta Nursery Trades Association (LANTA)
Canadian Nursery and Landscape Association (CNLA)
JOIN OUR TEAM
Hiring: Landscape Sales & Design
Join our team! Are you a multitalented and ambitious, creative person with a strong sales ability? Now hiring for a unique position within our growing company. Your focus will be promotion and sales working directly with our clients to help create their dream landscapes. If you have experience in landscape, design and sales we want to talk to you! As a salesperson/designer working at Countryside you will have the rare luxury of accessing plant material direct from our growing fields. You will also have a great team of plant people and craftsmen to work with, making an easy transition from design to project completion.
Countryside Landscapes & Garden Centre is locally owned and operated out of DeWinton, Alberta, 10 minutes from South Calgary. Our Landscape Department provides Landscape Design and Construction Services to the Calgary area, and outlying communities.
What kind of person are we looking for? An individual who:
- is energetic and sales orientated
- has a passion for the horticulture industry
- possesses a strong understanding of sales and customer service
- can work jointly and independently with diverse skill levels
- can generate a design efficiently and expediently
- maintains an upbeat, positive attitude
- has the ability to multi-task
- works effectively as part of a team
You would be a good fit if you:
- have post-secondary education in a relatable field
- have a current driver’s license and own vehicle ( we are not located near public transit)
- min 3+ years experience in the horticulture industry, design and /or sales
- detail orientated and ambitious
- employ excellent organizational skills
- can communicate clearly and concisely with all members of the team
- present a professional appearance
- are available to work flexible hours based on time of year and work load
- computer saavy with experience in Dynascapes or similar
- are willing to work hard, get the jobs and sell our products
- looking for a long term position working year round
- possess strong contacts and networking ability
Competitive base wage + commission depending on experience.
For more information about who we are and what we do refer to our website, www.csgcl.com.
To apply send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org